Sunday, September 12, 2010

The CELL-PHONE Craze!!!






Can you believe that we can hardly make it through a day without a cell phone? I remember when you just called when you got somewhere, and you called when you left. I remember when the phones were nearly as BIG as a shoe box. I remember when have 1 cell-phone in the family was a super BIG deal! Now, we all have one (except Tanner). Even though I had so many reservations about buying into the "cell-phone craze"; I have to admit that I love the access to my kiddos. I like that when we go to a store; I can pretty much find them anywhere! I like that when they stay the night somewhere (especially somewhere new); they can call me if they feel uncomfortable. I like that Aubrey can get in touch with me; even though she is at another school. I like that sometimes, they really share more of who they are when they get to text (especially for those shy ones). I also like that we have a serious amount of leverage when it comes to NEW discipline ideas (take the phone away for a day). So far, so good! We all just have to remember the RULES: No phone at dinner, no phone at church, and no phone during school. I am sure that there will be more rules to come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment