Monday, September 20, 2010

Harvey is our NEW addition!




















Ok, after camping over labor day; we decided that Ogle could use a companion. I think it helped us to realize that he missed Dally Boy. He had such a great time with the little Latina doggies. So, we started on a hunt. After the weekend, I went to my classroom, and there was a message from a co-worker who needed to give away a Yorkie. I told her that we were completely and totally interested. It was a girl, it was 2 years; it seemed perfect. However, the co-worker called later that night to tell me that her uncle ended up taking the little girl dog. I was so sad. So, our search continued on. Pet's Mart was having their "all-store adoptions"; so we went to about 3 different stores until we found Harvey (real name was Harley; but we couldn't call him Harley). We tried to call him "OTIS", but he never responded. So, Harvey it began. IF you say it fast, it sounds like Harley anyway. He is a full-blooded wire-haired dachshun. They say he is 4 years old, but we are very skeptical. I have had to carry him up the stairs on several occasions, and he wants to sleep his day away. He gets a little bit of energy; then he is down for the count. He is a super cute/good boy. Ogle seems very protective over him; always following him around to check on him. They are good friends already. We will get him to the vet soon, but we love him no matter how old he is (I think he is more like 7 years old). We sure love our little hairy boys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment