Sunday, January 29, 2012

Aubrey's 12th Birthday!

Aubrey got starbucks from Grammie Lin and Papa!

Silly Cousin Jordan.

Cousin Ryliegh

"I want to smell"

Aubrey acting silly at the Mall.

Twilight Saga stuff and gift card to Starbucks!

Cake made my Carmen!
CAKE NOT MADE BY CARMEN

Adele CD from the MORGAN CLAN

Aubrey is still a "tweenager" as I like to call it. I guess officially she is a "teen", because "numbers in the teens they start with a 1! Come on everybody let's have some fun". At least that is a song that I teach my kindergarteners. But, I like to say that the numbers 11 and 12 are still tweenagers. I would say in my offical kindergarten reasoning that they don't make the "teen" sounds yet. Plus, I do not want to admit that I have 2 teenagers on hand. It truly is hard to think that my girls are getting that old. I do not want them to grow up. Thankfully, Aubrey wants to stay young forever too! At this point she want to be a "girl" until she is 18 (not a woman). I am ok with that. She is a beautiful 12 year old, and even though she doesn't want to get "older".....she is very mature for her age. She is quite sensible, very kind, thoughtful, and she loves loves loves being a student. She loves to learn, and school is one of her favorite places to be. Along with school, she has funny quirky things that make her happy. She loves sharks! It is funny, because she NEVER wants to go into the ocean. But, she loves to watch all of the JAWS movies (she asked for all of them for Christmas). Her sister bought her a shark PILLOWPET. She has read the JAWS book. She wanted a JAWS cake for her birthday, but we told her that it would be too difficult to find. BUT, Mama found a great person (our custodian Carmen), who can make just about everything! She made Aubrey a SHARK cake for her birthday! It was adorable. She also got some of her other favorite things: TWILIGHT SAGA stuff. She is a big fan of TWILIGHT, and she and I have a common love.......EDWARD!!! She got a few posters, a book, the CD, and a gift card for her birthday. We also went to her traditional dinner place; "THE ELEPHANT BAR" in Chandler. She has gone here since she was a little girl maybe 3 or 4 years old. That is always where she wants to go to eat. We also cruised the mall, then went home to watch a family movie together. It was a fun time! Earlier in the day, family came over to celebrate. She was loaded with gift cards and money. It was very hard for her to spend it. By January, she had still hung onto almost 80.oo. She finally bought herself a COACH purse (her first one). She is a super special 12 year old. I never want for her to grow up. She had always moved sooooo fast with everything: army crawling straight to pulling up (skipped the crawling), walking at 9 months, running at 10, talking at 6 months, using sentences way early, etc. So, I think that it is great that NOW....she wants to stay young forever. I hope she really means forever! Those REAL teenage years seem to change those feelings, but I won't ever tell her that. Let's just hang on to the "girl" inside a little longer. Happy Birthday my special Aubrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment