Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mallory's First Dance.....can it be?



Earlier in the Spring, the student council was trying to put together a "Shamrock Shake" dance. Mallory was nervous about going, but she bought tickets with friends. They couldn't wait! A few days before the dance, it was cancelled because of low ticket sales. Weird! I remember the day when Jr. High dances were all that mattered in this world. Mom would buy us new outfits, and we would have sleepovers to get ready for the big event. I guess it is different now. So, the Student Council tried again, and they were successful with the tickets sales. They really promoted it for the 6th graders also (Mallory is in 6th). So, she had her friends Tori and Wanessa come over after school to get ready. We first stopped at Walgreens for movies, snacks, and a quickie pair of flipflops. We rushed home to get everyone ready. Mallory was able to wear a little dash of makeup for the first time. The girls' had decided that they would all wear dresses, because the theme was "Holllywood". They looked adorable! They were nervous and asking questions the quick trip there. I was a little nervous to leave them, but off they strolled into the dance. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. When I returned, I had to wait in the car for awhile. I didn't want to embarrass them. As the kiddos started to leave, I noticed that everyone was wearing their regular clothes.......no dresses. I asked if they felt funny in there dresses, and they said a bit. However, they still had fun! They looked so super cute. Oh, the days of dances! Mallory was sore the next day, because they "jumped around" the whole time. FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment