Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grand Canyon

Once we found our spot, we took some photos.
This was the image of the congregation. There
were many more people around and up the sides.
This is the first imagine at 5:40 in the morning!
It was very cloudy over the rim. We were worried
that we would not see the sun come up.
But it came up!

And oh, did it come up!
They looked so cute in their PJ's. They literally
rolled out of bed.
We wanted to stand a bit farther back so that we
could look at the Canyon all we wanted.
Starting to get a little tired.
I loved seeing the CROSS in the back of it all.Here comes the SUN!
Tanner was very cozy! He needed
a little extra warmth.
God is gettin'ready to talk to us.It gets brighter and brighter.
This was a different view of the canyon.
He is fulling shining down on us now! It was
incredible!!Once the service was over; we were able to get
right to the edge of the look-out point.
This is after service right at the front of the
podium area where the Pastor stood close to
the cross.
We walked around a bit to get some other views.
The kiddos were getting a little tired and cold.
Kenny and I had been to Grand Canyon once before with my Mom and Jamie (years ago). We really wanted the kiddos to get to see it! So, for my 40th b-day; we thought that a trip to Flagstaff/Grand Canyon would be awesome (and it was)! My b-day fell on Easter this year. I really wanted to experience the Sunrise Service at the Grand Canyon on Easter Sunday. In order to do this, we had to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to leave by 4:00. We got there right at 5:30, and the service began right as we got up to Mather Point (I think that is the name of it). It was wonderful! I rushed through the crowd to get to the railing! I needed to hang on and take a good look. It was so amazing! The kiddos didn't believe it was real. It was hard to concentrate on the service, because I was snapping pictures, watching the sun come up over the ridge, and just standing in AWE of all we saw. There were times when it looked like God was talking down on us. I was truly a remarkable scene, and I am so glad that we could be there to see it. It was a great Easter and a fabulous birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment