Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Dog, Ogle!




For my birthday in 2009, my family took me to a pet adoption. I really wanted a puppy for my birthday, and I had "hounded" Kenny about it for months. We knew that Majerle (our beloved first baby) was getting very old and weak, and we worried about how Dallas would do without him. This helped Kenny to finally give in to my pleas for a pup. After a rough start on our adoption adventure; we went to a pet adoption clinic where I saw this scruffy, little, black, poodle looking puppy. He looked scared, and he was not happy being in a cage with 4 other WILD puppies. I wanted him right away, and I new that he was the ONE. My family, however, had spotted terrier pups along the way. After much deciding, hugging, and holding; I stepped up to remind everyone that this was MY BIRTHDAY present!!! Hence, Ogle came home to be part of our family (Ogle is named after my Papa: Vernon Ogle Hancock). Shortly after bringing him home; Majerle started to deteriorate. After a few weeks of praying and hanging on; we decided to let Majerle go. It was a truly hard day, but it also weirdly was a day of PEACE. We will never forget Majerle, and we actually see Majerle in Ogle often. It was such a blessing to have Ogle come into our life; just as Majerle had to leave us. Ogle is a gift, and he is an utter joy to our family. You would think that we added another "baby" to our family. Instead of a baby, he is a Lhasa Poo. He is loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment