
After being a "home mom" for 8 years; I recently went back to teaching! I love it! When Tanner entered Kindergarten; the house was very lonely. I thought that it would be "PARTY" time when all of the kiddos were in school, but instead I felt unsure of what my "definition" was. I wasn't really a "stay at home mom", because no one was at home. I wasn't a working mom anymore; as I let my teaching certificate expire. So, I started substitute teaching. Once I was in that setting again; I missed being a teacher.....in a BIG way. I starting working my way back into the profession with 3 long-term substitute positions. I also had to take some classes; along with the ever frightening TEACHER PROFICIENCY EXAM. Last year was my first year as a full-time teacher again. It was quite the adjustment, and it was very difficult. However, I loved every minute of being called "teacher" again. This year, feels much more smooth. I am getting the hang of being a teacher again.........even a Kindergarten teacher. I had taught preschool, subbed in first grade, and taught 2-3rd grades previously; but kindergarten was a whole new adventure! I love this adventure, and I am up for each day's challenges. The quote on my door says, "Those who teach; should never cease to learn". I learn something new everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment